The Skip Felagr are available for hire! Whether it's for just a few hours, a weekend or longer we can tailor our services to fit your needs working with budgets from below one hundred pounds to over a thousand; from a private indoor lecture to outdoor public entertainment. With over five hundred members in Regia Anglorum to draw upon, we can help stage huge events delivering large armies, horse, ships and more. Although a not for profit volunteer run group, for our minimal fees/expenses we deliver all you might expect from a professional service by way of knowledge, experience, safety training, liability insurance and more, so please Contact Us if there's something we can do to help. An easily printable promotional leaflet is available for those who may need such paperwork.
In addition to the wealth of knowledge, equipment and practical skills we have as a local volunteer group, some of the Skip Felagr also earn their living in related fields of museum work, historical education, performing arts and heritage crafts. These individuals have clients ranging from local schools, clubs and societies, to world renowned museums, university research projects, and Oscar/BAFTA award winners in the entertainment industry. Consequently even if we can't help as a volunteer organisation there's a fair chance we can put you in touch with professionals who can.
Services we may be able to help you with.
- Early medieval living history, period crafts and/or combat displays for country fairs, village fetes etc.
- Costumed historical interpretation for museums and the wider heritage industry.
- Educational visits and activities for schools, libraries etc.
- Talks and lectures for history/archaeology clubs and societies.
- Practical demonstrations/workshops for traditional craft clubs.
- Bespoke manufacture of replica period artefacts for museum display or educational handling collections.
- Expert advice, consultancy and/or training about many aspects of early medieval life.
- Costumed performers, background extras and props. for film/TV/publicity/media/news work.